Operatives of the Nsukka Area Command of the Nigeria Police Force, Enugu State Police Command have rescued a 10-year-old boy identified as Kamsiyo Sunday, who was abducted from his home at Ukwuinyi Ogrute in Enugu-Ezike community of Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of the state.
The State Police spokesperson, DSP Daniel Ndukwe in a statement, said that the victim was found along MCC Road by Umanu Junction, where he was abandoned by his abductors.
The statement read;
ABDUCTED 10 YEARS OLD KAMSI FOUND AND RESCUED, AS ENUGU CP ORDERS INTENSIFIED DISCREET INVESTIGATION TO ARREST AND BRING PERPETRATORS TO BOOK
Police Operatives serving in Nsukka Area Command of Enugu State Police Command, acting on credible information and with support from law-abiding citizens, on 27/03/2023 at about 11pm, found and rescued 10 years old boy, Kamsiyo Sunday (popularly called “Kamsi”), at Nsukka, along MCC Road by Umanu Junction, where he was abandoned by his abductors due to pressure mounted on them.
2. The lad was reported to have been abducted to an unknown destination, from his parents home at Ukwuinyi Ogrute in Enugu-Ezike community of Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area, on 26/03/2023 at about 4pm, by four armed and masked men, operating in a black-coloured Pick Truck Vehicle. He has been reunited with his parents and family members.
3. Consequently, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Ammani, fdc, has ordered that the ongoing discreet investigation into the case be intensified to fish out and bring the perpetrators of the act to book. He notes that such horrifying act of abduction of the minor, as shown in a viral video, is one that is highly intolerable and shall not be treated lightly.
- Madonna University Student Expelled For Posting Raunchy TikTok Video - November 10, 2023
- Rivers Assembly Set On Fire Over Threat To Impeach Gov Fubara - October 30, 2023
- Tinubu Government After My Life, Journalist, David Hundeyin Tells UN Council - September 29, 2023