The Ministry of Transportation in Kaduna on Sunday announced the extension of the resumption date for the Kaduna-Abuja train service.
Recall that the train service was halted in March 2022 after terrorists attacked its passengers. About 25 passengers were killed, several others sustained injury and more than 50 were kidnapped during the attack.
But the federal government had earlier this month pledged that the Kaduna-Abuja train service would be restored before the end of November.
See Also: Bandits Kill Recently-Freed Abuja-Kaduna Train Passenger In Kebbi
However, Mu’azu Sambo, the Minister of Transportation, while on an inspection tour to examine its readiness for operation before the resumption of operations said some things still need to be sorted out before resumption.
Sambo said FG plans a new ticket purchase system which will serve as the beginning of security checks that will help the government to ascertain who boards the train for every trip.
Despite refusing to disclose the actual resumption date, he assured the general public that it would not be too far off.
Source: Daily Post
- Amuneke Keen on Super Eagles Coaching Job - March 27, 2023
- Gunmen Attack Police Officers in Enugu, Kill Two - March 27, 2023
- Do Your Worst, Fani-Kayode Dares British Envoy - March 27, 2023